Flea Market FLowers

Friday, March 29, 2013

They're growing!






Heavenly Pink Fang, quite a toothy showoff!

I went out yesterday and saw bits of green growing out of the cold brown earth.  It doesn't seem like it would be warm enough for anything to grow, but there they were.  We had a very long fall last year and I divided many clumps so that I would be able to dig  plants easier for sale.  I learned a lesson that I won't forget, just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should!  Many of those little plants were pushed out of their cozy home and ended up almost sitting on top of the ground.  They were heaved out with the frost I suppose.
I now have to try and push them back in or fill the dirt in around them.  I made a decision not to divide and replant after September.  I hope I can stick with my new resolution. 
Many of my labels were also pushed out also.  I wonder if it was just one of those years.  I will let you know if any of the plants died from their unexpected heave.
It is such an exciting time of year.  The calender says it's spring and it's starting to feel like it.
Enjoy your time with Mother Nature.
Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Theresa
don't forget to visit my website at: daylilyfans.com/roth    

No comments:

Post a Comment